I began working as a freelancer translator + interpreter in 2017, having completed my undergraduate degree at Heriot-Watt University. I am currently working with a number of agencies including Day Translations Inc., Technicis, Easy Translation, Pangeanic and Amazon as a freelancer as well as working with private clients. During this time, I spent semesters studying at la Universidad de Salamanca and l' Université catholique de l'Ouest in Angers which helped contribute to my well-rounded education as I could learn new skills and experience different teaching styles. I am passionate about languages and communication and, as such, have worked in a variety of roles where I can utilise these skills including: a debating mentor for Debate Mate; an English tutor (English as Second Language); working as an au-pair + nursery assistant in France; teaching English in Guatemala; a debating coach for Robert Gordon's College.
Qualifications + CPD
- 2:1 in MA (Hons.) in Translating + Interpreting (French + Spanish) from Heriot-Watt University
- Undertaken courses in translation, conference interpreting, international politics, French/Spanish history, liaison interpreting
Use of CAT Tools
I am fully aware that technology is an essential part of translation + interpreting and it is critically important to be up to date in order to provide clients the best possible service.
As such, I use the CAT tool SDL Trados to assist my translation. Translation Memories are an essential tool which speed up the process and as such, they allow me to offer clients the following discounts:
- 100% match = 5% of standard word rate
- 95-99% match = 30% of standard word rate
- 85-94% match = 60% of standard word rate
- <85% match = no discount